Saturday, April 12, 2008

Billy Elliot


This is a story of a young boy, Billy(Jamie Bell),a son of a miner(Gary Lewis) in Durham County. Forced by his dad to attend a boxing class, he choose to attend the ballet class instead. Amazed by his passion for dancing, his dance instructor(Julie Walters) held a private class for Billy, and encourage him to register for an audition in Royal Ballet School.
Watching this movie reminds me that you can excel in everything you are passionate with, as long as you put in the effort.

I like the part where Billy was asked what did it feel like when he was dancing, he answered: " Sort of feels good. It's sort stiff and that, but once I get going, then I like forget everything, and sort of disappear. I feel like change in my whole body. Like there's fire in my body. I'm just there, flying like a bird. Like electricity." Classic man...

This film is directed by Stephen Daldry, who makes his feature film debut with Billy Elliot, and produced by Greg Brenman & Jon Finn.

Beside winning numerous awards, (British Independent Film Awards(2000), BAFTA Awards(2001),nominated for Academy Awards, in categories Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Director, Best Writing in a Screenplay in 2001)

This movie is named by magazine Total Film as the 39th greatest British film of all time.

(Rating: 92.5/100)

No comments: