Friday, December 28, 2007

A Prayer for Guidance











Lord, bless me with peace within my heart
Help me make each day a beautiful start
Help me understand how I can make a difference
And the raison d'etre for my existence

Bless me with the courage to voice what's right
In a world where reality bites
Within the range of possibilities that I can change
Bless me with the will to do so for the better

And for those that I can't change
Help me to gracefully accept & not be bitter
For I trust in you, that You have Your reasons
So mysterious that I wont be able to comprehend

I believe you will show my why in another season
When the time is right, the explanation You will send
Bless me with the wisdom to then understand

As there is no highway to heaven on earth
Guide me in this world in each of my steps
Before I take my very last breath

(Anne Marie Warren)

No comments: